My cozy resting place

Monday, January 10, 2011

Monday House Blessing

On most Mondays I follow Flylady's
"House Blessing".
Today I'm in the kitchen. Sweep & mop, clean drip pans and stovetop. then on to the bathrooms and laundry. The colored glass "suncatchers" in the kitchen window were mostly gifts from my kids. The metal sturgeon above the window was a gift to my husband - since we live by the river, the fish is a natural.
Do you have things you love to look at in your kitchen to make the time you spend in there more pleasant?
I have a few really old things I use, too, and it makes me think of the person who owned and cooked in it before me. A cast iron dutch oven, a wooden bowl and chopper that belonged to my "aunts" mother, a little hand chopper I use in a glass cup to chop nuts. I saw JoAnna Lund use one in a cooking demonstration at a supermarket. Food processors are great for larger quantities but the little hand chopper cleans up so fast and works well. Also a bread bowl and glass pans when I make bread. That will be another day's thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment