It's a brand new year with fresh beginnings. One of my goals for 2011 is to focus on enjoying the simple things. This morning a sweet little doe visited the front yard and found a bruised pear I had thrown out. She spent a lot of time enjoying it. Sometimes there are several deer and they either share or the greediest gets the treat.
I have been cooking today from Grandma's Comfort Foods Made Healthy. I love JoAnna Lund's Healthy Exchanges recipes. No Peek Stew is in the crockpot, Frozen Fruit Salad is in the freezer (that will go to women's fellowship tomorrow), Pineapple Cashew Slaw is in the fridge along with Maple Waldorf Fruit Salad. Mandarin Tapioca Pudding for dessert.
Hi Jan,
ReplyDeleteI love the pictures on your blog. Especially of the cats!! They are adorable!!
I also like your goal of enjoying the simpler things in life.
Glenna
Hi Jan,
ReplyDeleteI love your header! I of course love the pictures of Sweetie Pie and Bobbi.
It must be so wonderful to have deer coming into your yard. I know I would love it where you live.
I love Joanna's recipes too. As of late I have organized all of her books that I have into a bookshelf in the hall. Your no peek stew sounds good.
Iris